Warehouse & Sales Assistant Job Posting
$34,000.00 to $36,000.00/year
Solacity is a 13-year old Kemptville based renewable energy supply & design business, working to make the world a little greener. Solacity serves local walk-in customers at our store, and sells online all over Canada. We have an immediate opening for a motivated individual to help us grow our business.
As a Warehouse & Sales Assistant you will have wide range of responsibilities, as listed but not limited to the items below.
- Answering the phone to take orders & write quotes
- Answer basic questions from customers, suggest solutions when needed
- Packing & shipping orders, helping customers load purchases, at times this can involve lifting of bulky or heavy items
- Receiving, inspecting, and storing incoming shipments
- Keeping track of purchase orders & customer orders
- Keeping track of inventory and notifying when resupplies are needed
- General building maintenance and keeping the warehouse tidy
- General grounds maintenance, including some snow removal in winter
- Strong communications skills, both oral and in writing, in particular via E-mail
- Strong computer skills in using MS-Office (Excel) and MS-Windows
- Independent, self-motivated, and detail oriented, with good organizational and problem solving skills
- Physical stamina to move and pack heavy or bulky items
- A forklift certificate is an asset but not required, we will train if needed
- Renewable energy knowledge, and sales experience are advantages
- Additional computer skills (social media etc.) will be highly valued!
- A sense of humour & common sense!
We offer a great place to work! While this may become a permanent position, we are currently looking to temporarily replace an employee on maternity leave (which could last up to October 2020). This is a full-time job, 40 hours per week, 8:30am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
Our office and warehouse is located in Kemptville (www.Solacity.com). Please send your job application, including a current resume, to Rob@solacity.com
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.